B16A swap/ build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JTH

I'm very new to this and my step dad is a mechanic and owns a shop. I have bought my 2nd honda civic. I will be doing a B16A 2nd gen swap hopefully soon.

I was just going to swap the engine but I was wondering if I should build it a bit before I swap it in, seems like a good idea. I was wondering what parts I should buy.

Any suggestions would be great and most appreciated.

if it's simply a dd, i/h/e is all you need. maybe a decent tune.

a b16 has enough pep to be fun. i have also seen some insane numbers on a stock build with a turbo.

get the swap done first. just remember, there will always be someone faster. if you have a decent amount of usable power, you'll have a lot of fun while getting 30mpg.

Password JDM has some good parts as far as an intake goes dyno proven I got 5 hp out of there intake. Match that with an air intake manifold I got another 7 hp i got skunk2 intake. i put some headers (dc) and mated that with a skunk2 catback exhaust and my b16a2 runs amazing. and still get great gas mileage. Have fun.

what swap should i do

So I'm probably an idiot and posting this in the totally wrong place sorry:(
I have a 2000 Civic Si with B16 and I want to do a JDM B18C1 or JDM B18C5 swap. I've been searching but have not found any set in stone answers on. If I need the JDM ECUs (P73/PCT). Or will my B16 P2T ECU work? I've also read about some imobilizer will this effect my car at all? Has anyone done this swap and if so what problems did you run into?

So I'm probably an idiot and posting this in the totally wrong place sorry:(
I have a 2000 Civic Si with B16 and I want to do a JDM B18C1 or JDM B18C5 swap. I've been searching but have not found any set in stone answers on. If I need the JDM ECUs (P73/PCT). Or will my B16 P2T ECU work? I've also read about some imobilizer will this effect my car at all? Has anyone done this swap and if so what problems did you run into?

Idiot? No, not yet BUT, this thread is from June, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your question. Start a new thread a get answers for you question because people will be looking at the thread for your question.

Back