B16a swap n2 88 crx hf? HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastcash

I ordered a b16 a jdm motor with a cable transmission and ecu, but i cant find out what it came out of and what ecu it. I bought a set of motor mounts and have set the motor into the car. Do i use the orginial hf wiring harness or the harness of the b16a. Do i have to run the smog pump or can i take that stuff off or will the computer be looking for it. Any info on the swap will be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

my dad and i just did a similar swap into his 91 crx si.

here is what you will need to do...

use the HF wiring harness, take the knock sensor, vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure sensor plugs and add them into the harness. you'll need to run these wires to the ecu and pin them in.

the axles will bolt in, and you'll need hasport shift linkage.

please ask more detailed questions as i'm not going to describe everything if you are close to getting the car running...

Originally posted by fastcash@Jan 4 2004, 04:35 PM
I ordered a b16 a jdm motor with a cable transmission and ecu, but i cant find out what it came out of and what ecu it. I bought a set of motor mounts and have set the motor into the car. Do i use the orginial hf wiring harness or the harness of the b16a. Do i have to run the smog pump or can i take that stuff off or will the computer be looking for it. Any info on the swap will be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

yes ,you can use an hf or si wiring harness ,and no you do not have to use somg pumps trash it

Originally posted by clc71682@Jan 5 2004, 03:28 AM
yes ,you can use an hf or si wiring harness

HF and Si wiring harnesses are not the same - wires are in different locations in the 8 pin connector at the firewall

fa62985b.jpg

Back