B16a TPS sensor issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox19

I am still trying to tackle the "limp mode" issues. The CEL shows it is a TPS sensor issue. Before I bought a sensor, I tested the current one. What I get is this:

Yellow Wire Solid 5v
Red/Blue ~4.5v closed, .5 open.

Isnt this backwards? shouldnt it be ~.5 closed and ~4.5 open?

If so, what could cause it to be backward? I cant figure out for the life of me what could do that.

Thanks!!!
Odie

I think I got it.

going to try it tomorrow.

At the TPS connector on the OBD0 engine harness, switch the
two outer wires (green/white and green/yellow) by
cutting/splicing or re-pinning them.

I forgot the rule of "House" Patients always lie" i.e. the seller always lies... the claim of it ran fine, then intermittent, doesnt really wash here....

Odie

yes....the readings you posted are the opposite of what they should be. I've experienced a TPS code too....no limp mode so maybe you have 2+ codes?? Maybe not....my code was b/c the TB I bought had phillip's screw on the TPS (b/c it was already replaced before I bought it)....the code came and I looked at the sensor....the screws came loose lol.

codes

yeah, it is throwing 2, the TPS and the ELD. Maybe the electronic load detector is what is throwing it into limp mode.not sure. I am new to hondas. I am used to weber carbs and non-electronics Odie

Old thread. It wasnt the ECU directly. the moron who I bought it from had the programming of the chip messed up. I reverted it back to P28 and all is well.

Back