b16a turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
hey, i got a 2nd gen integra with a jdm b16 in it and i now got some turbo parts for my integra to give me a head start.i dont want to build nothing too serious just to get from point a to point b double times faster. this is what i have

talon tsi turbo with internal wastegate
talon tsi intercooler
talon tsi bov (blow off valve)

i know that i am going to need a custom manifold but what else will i need

thanx alot that helped me understand turbo better a i think that i can do it myself but the only thing is that the turbo has a internal wastegate :unsure:

even easier. internal gates don't need a manifold with a gate stop, and are easier to get/make

you have to get a custom exhaust mani, with the wastegate flange welded onto it.

i would recomend that you stick with the wastegate that is on the turbo aleady tho., the turbo should be wastegated at about 7psi which is about all your going to want to run anyways.

which generation is the turbo from? 91-94, 95-98? if its a first gen. it would be a t25, td04, td05, 14b, 16g... it has a bunch of different names. it also says on the turbo exactly which one it is.

this should be fine for boosting your stock b16a but will run out of steam around 220 hp.

sorry but i dont get what u mean get a wastegate flenge welded onto it. i thought that u will need a wastegate flenge welded onto it if it was a external wastegate. please give me some details :roll:

on an internally wastegated turbo, the wastegate is ON the turbo. now if you got a manifold with a "hole" for an external wastegate you would have to either 1. get a piece of metal that fits it and have it welded shut OR 2. have a piece of metal bolted to it-to keep it shut if you plan on upgrading (which you cant because of the turbo flange)

i looked at the talon tsi turbo manifold and it looks like it will bolt up right to my head. do u have any feeback on that?

Looks can be decieving (sp)... try it f you think it will work. BUT if it does bolt up, the exaust ports may not match properly.

you are better off buying one, or making your own. I am in the process of making one myself.

also the talon turbo that i have is missing the internal wastegate and at the exaust part is a little handle and the internal wastegate opens it if i get a external wastegate what will i do with that part of should i just get a internal one

ive been searching around and bumped in to this product
My Webpage

i think that i can use this and get a custom manifold with a external wastegatewhat do yall think?
need help badly :unsure:

Originally posted by R.E.Developement@Nov 9 2003, 09:23 AM
i looked at the talon tsi turbo manifold and it looks like it will bolt up right to my head. do u have any feeback on that?

i dont have any info for ya, but please do post weather or not the DSM manifold will bolt up to the b16 head...... ive heard it can be done, but have yet to find anyone who has tried it....

Back