B16A2 into Ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondatuner68

Im getting ready to put a b16a2 obd1 into my 99 hatch can i just get the wiring harness (from ecu to motor) off a 92-95 instead of a obd2 to 1 converter ? I figured it would be easier than wiring up the vtec and anything else. Thanks

well, are you talking about the SiR 2 because in the US, the b16a2 was not made obd1, but is obd2 and they dropped them in the 99-00 civic Si's and i'm not sure if those are in 96-97 del sols but they are obd2, the B16a3 is from the del sol and is obd1. The problem is that the EK harness is a one peice from the engine to the ecu, and the obd1 engine harness only goes to the shock towers and plugs in there. If you want to rip out the whole harness form a del sol si or eg hatch si, which are already good for vtec. The thats possible but gonig to be a pain in the ass, when you could just buy the converter harness, unless you really want to run obd1. Which is the best way to go if you want to put money into your motor.

ya i did the exact same swap and i just used my stock harness..just make sure u have the right parts and not end up like me..my car hasent ran for a month now after its been swapped cuzz i cant figure out wut is wrong..i am using a obd2-obd1 jumper wit a p28 and a obd2..i think it might be my dizzy but i am not sure bcuzz i am bein told yes i can use it and no i cant use it.

Back