B16B / B18C Engine TuneUp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KraZcyLoK0

Hey guys,
I'm new at Honda Swap.com, just wanna say thanks for letting me be in the community. (to the administration and members)

The thing is that I'm going to buy a new complete motor and tranny for my car (1995 Honda Civic EX) upgrade to a B16B with LSD tranny or B18C5 with LSD tranny, but the thing is that I want to avoid high compression, which I've been told about the drivetrain valves just to be switched in the B16B motor to gain a proper horsepower similar to the B18C5, but does that affect the original RPM from the B16B, normally is redline 9000rpm, I see that really good for the motor, perfect for a turbo upgrade, I plan to do so later on.

I just got back from the hospital (2 days in the hospital) from an automobile accident, other driver's fault, my car is totalled, so I'm starting fresh again.

Hope you guys can help me out in having a safe engine to drive on the road. :D

If you got questions that you want me to answer specifically, let me know, thank you again for your time! :)

If you want to turbo in the future, and you are looking to avoid high compression, the Civic Type R (B16B) and Integra Type R (B18C5) engines are not really one you want to go with, as you will be spending a lot of money on an engine with high compression. Look to go with a GSR motor (B18C1) or Si motor (B16A2) and go from there, as they are much easier on the wallet, have lower compression that is ideal for the boost you plan on incorporating into your build, and are less likely to be on the minds of thieves. Welcome to the board, read up on the FAQ, Reference section, and Articles section, as they may answer a lot of your initial questions. Again, Welcome!

You can still turbocharge the B16B or B18C5 on the stock internals if your power goals aren't too high. 350-400whp is achievable with the right size turbo and good tuning, and your power curve will be MUCH better than a 350whp setup on a lower compression engine. It's all in the tuning.

Welcome to the site!

Again, make absolutely sure you get it tuned by a reputable person that KNOWS what they're doing- and make sure you get the right turbo setup. You would have to be just as careful with an engine rebuild.

Oh Definetly, I know where to go, its this guy name Frank in "South Florida Performance" that equips the turbos or non-turbos with specific tunning on the ECU with "Hondata" thats set it right for street useage.

Thanks for the look out :)

Yep, CTR and ITR engines can definitely be used, but remember, they are still really expensive in comparison. The GSR compression is very close to that of the ITR, and the cylinder head is a better design.

Back