b16b complete swap for 2800

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

Is a b16b complete swap for $2800 a good price? What is this swap worth?
Thanks,tman

stolen, incomplete, or blown up. pick one.

that motor retails for 38-4500 at every reputible place around.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 20 2003, 07:50 PM
speak for yourselves...theres a place here in the tristate who sells them for 3k..complete and warrenteed

Really, a b16"B"...not b16 or b16a and so on..but a civic type R motor (b16b)? If so let me know...i'm interested!

I just bought a complete b16b swap for 2800 on ebay. It's supposed to have 35,000km on it and be checked for compression. Should I go to the trouble of picking it up, what would you all do?

It isn't that cheap really. That's how much the wreckers(americans) buy the car's for in Japan at most.

The rest is a mark up price so you could have just got an extremely good deal.

I would do a compression and leak down test and then look it over, take off the valve cover, get papers, run car fax, whatever. Then maybe buy it if it was all legit, but really ebay is never legit. A lot of the time their's a catch, you get it 2 days late, you get it on time but its packaged to shit and is probably busted, etc.

Hey, thanks for that advise. But I am really not experienced with seeing problems with an engine. Could you describe exactly what to look for? For example, when I take the valve cover off, what should I notice? And how to I run a car fax? Do I just need the engine number, or what? I don't want to be burned by this, because is it a lot of money, whether I got a good deal or not.
I need replies today and tomorrow though...the guy wants to be payed. =\
thanks!
tman :worthy:

I got my b16b on ebay for 2600. But I had to import it from japan, it took five weeks on the slow boat to get here. Then I drove to boston and picked it up from the docks. After putting it in it wouldn't start. It ended up being 90 degrees off on the cam timing. I fixed that and no bent valves and all is good. So if you take the valve cover off check the to see that its still in time, thats just my tidbit.

Back