Black Friday Deals 2023

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Anything good posted yet? I'm looking for a new tv for the bedroom. got the 'red line of death' on my samsung. again. never again with the samsungs. garbage.

Seems a lot of stores are getting out of this whole phase, which is nice. lots of stores closed thanksgiving, which is good.

stay home, eat turkey, shop later.

our CFO had to have samsung TVs back in 2018. all of them have long since been replaced with LG. all the backlights died... all in the same spot.

I didn't know Toshiba was still around. Haven't heard that name in a long time.
Loved their laptops back in the day.

75 is WAY to big for the bed room. 50 or 55 max i think. Have a 50 now and it's more than enough.

we have an old toshiba 55 plasma from 2008 in the living room. the one i listed has FOUR hdmi inputs... one for each of my gaming consoles. we are seriously considering picking up the 75.

no tvs in our bedroom. like it pitch black in there for sleeping.

not for a bedroom... don't need that or anything super video-phile.

Looking for something cheap. We watch the last half hour of a show in bed before shutting it off. The big tv is in the living room,

Want my 55? I want to put a 75 in the bedroom. We're 12 feet away sitting up in bed, and I could use a larger screen in there. :D

In the living room we're about 10 feet away from the 75. That feels pretty good- but 85 or larger would be nice. My wallet does NOT agree though.

Want my 55? I want to put a 75 in the bedroom. We're 12 feet away sitting up in bed, and I could use a larger screen in there. :D

In the living room we're about 10 feet away from the 75. That feels pretty good- but 85 or larger would be nice. My wallet does NOT agree though.

Finally, a man after my own TV viewing distance heart, lol.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but for me, the bigger and closer, the better. I'm always wondering how people are sitting so far away from TV's that are too small.

if it didn't cost more to ship it then to just buy one at best buy down the street, i'd consider it. lol

55 is plenty. we're at about 6 feet from the wall at the end of the king bed. i dunno, it's plenty big. we have a 50 now.

Finally, a man after my own TV viewing distance heart, lol.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but for me, the bigger and closer, the better. I'm always wondering how people are sitting so far away from TV's that are too small.
Fo realz. I like the screen to fill up my entire field of vision. At movie theaters I tend to sit in the back row of the front section of seats, so like 3-4 rows back from the front maximum. My wife hates that, but she tolerates it. Sometimes. Watching the Formula 1 IMAX in the center of front row when the camera was mounted in the nose of the car was AWESOME. Benefits of being on staff at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. You really FELT that video feed.

I'd go with the biggest screens I could afford. I'm sitting in front of dual curved 34s stacked vertically at arms' length on my desk, and on my walls I could probably do 100+ in the living room if I could haul it in and mount it.
if it didn't cost more to ship it then to just buy one at best buy down the street, i'd consider it. lol

55 is plenty. we're at about 6 feet from the wall at the end of the king bed. i dunno, it's plenty big. we have a 50 now.
55 is pretty good for 6 feet away! I guess our room is a bit deeper. Do you watch from the end closest to the TV? We tend to be sitting up on the far end of the bed, and the king is over 6 feet long to begin with. And yeah shipping would be unrealistic- but 55s ought to be cheap this year!

4k 55 TCL for $230 @ BB: 55" TCL Q5 Q-Class 4K QLED HDR Smart TV $230 + Free Shipping 11-16-2023
^^ These are actually pretty good screens. I don't care about smart features or sound since I don't rely on the TV for those functions.

QLED 4k 120hz 65 Sony for 800 or 55 Sony for 700 @ BB: Sony 65" X85K Series 120Hz 4K UHD Smart TV @ Best Buy/Amazon $799.99

405004006_395550829464805_6445542178845279012_n.jpg

Kristen heard me talking about it so here it is…

IMG_9671.jpeg

It will replace the plasma battleaxe which I have sold already lol merry Christmas

I can’t wait to see what Wii bowling league will be like come January. It will look great with my CART trophies :)

IMG_9672.jpeg

Back