b16b distributor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2b's

are their any difference in the ctr distributor and the stock si?

as long as they are both obd2 dohc vtec distributors (which they are), i would think that they are interchangeable.

Originally posted by DTEC@Aug 14 2003, 03:36 PM
as long as they are both obd2 dohc vtec distributors (which they are), i would think that they are interchangeable.

i left on the si dist. i was just wondering if it would be better to install the stock ctr.
right now my idle is at about 1200 rpm's. would this lower the idle?

they are both obd2.

no, it shouldnt lower the idle. make sure your timing is set correctly (16*) and i'd lower your idle to 850 or so.

Originally posted by DTEC@Aug 14 2003, 03:49 PM
no, it shouldnt lower the idle. make sure your timing is set correctly (16*) and i'd lower your idle to 850 or so.

how exactly is this done? lowering the idle i mean. thanks.

by turning this screw on the throttle body...

idle.jpg

:D i'm heading to the garage now! thanks for your help. B)

Which way lowers the idle. Clockwise or counterclockwise. I am thinking... lowering it would be tightening it, which is clockwise. right? Do i turn it while the car is on? What if the car idles at 1000 when it starts and then 1500 when it is warmed up?

wtf, it should be the exact opposite.

and yes, tightening the screw lowers the idle i believe. and vice versa

Already tried that... nothing... Thanks for trying though. Any other ideas? Anyone have similar porblems?

What does your car idle at when you start it? And what does it go up to when it is warmed up. Did you fix it? Do you know what the problem is?

Back