B16B stroker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_B16B

I was just wondering if the B16a blocks are the same as the B16b, because I wanna get a b16b and stroke it out so I was wondering if the crower b16a stroker kit would work? or if I had to get the spoon b16b stroker kit. I like crower better just because i do. so I really wanna know if the crower works. :D

no, the b16a and b16b have different deck heights. the b16b block is the same as gsr/itr. you could just get a gsr crank and put it in the b16b block (with gsr rods too of course) and have your 1.8L

If the crower kit says it fits the B16A then it should work. Have you considered just buying a GSR swap or short block? Same results, less hassle.

I wanna B original-ish ;) besides that I'm more of a Mugen person than a spoon person. and I have this complex where I have to have matching components I think its called OCD just like I love aem so I want every thing they have. I just stupid like that. accept for the intake thing because they dont make the V2 system for the CRX yet so I was thinking about getting a falken factory performance carbon fiber intake and muffler. :lol:

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Oct 16 2003, 09:10 PM
I wanna B original-ish ;) besides that I'm more of a Mugen person than a spoon person. and I have this complex where I have to have matching components I think its called OCD just like I love aem so I want every thing they have. I just stupid like that. accept for the intake thing because they dont make the V2 system for the CRX yet so I was thinking about getting a falken factory performance carbon fiber intake and muffler. :lol:

No, i think thats just called "Stupid Ricer". :p

Originally posted by B16@Oct 16 2003, 09:59 PM
no, the b16a and b16b have different deck heights. the b16b block is the same as gsr/itr. you could just get a gsr crank and put it in the b16b block (with gsr rods too of course) and have your 1.8L

wouldn't you use the ITR crank and rods (not sure if they are diffrent sizes) since the B16b is a destroked b18c5

ok what ever at least im talking about a motor and not neons and bodykits and my carbon fiber look shift knob ass fuck

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 16 2003, 06:25 PM-->
@Oct 16 2003, 09:59 PM

wouldn't you use the ITR crank and rods (not sure if they are diffrent sizes) since the B16b is a destroked b18c5

they are same as GSR

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Oct 16 2003, 09:25 PM
ok what ever at least im talking about a motor and not neons and bodykits and my carbon fiber look shift knob ass fuck

Calm down dude it was a joke from a vid.

Spec sheet,sorry, also i found some info on the deck height the b16b has 263mm and the b18c has 270mm does that sound right? bore and stroke same order 81.0*77.4 and 81.0*87.2 correct? :blink:

Hmm, I am not sure about the reliability of the numbers on the site. Does anyone have a respectable reference? The only folks online that claim the B16B has a shorter deck height than the B18C's are the people that lifted the table you reference.

I wanna B original-ish

Boy have we been over this before. Doing something because you want to be original is really dumb. More so if that "original" thing involves your Honda. Loo around, do you really think you will be original in your Honda? You want original try racing an AMC Eagle, that might get you a few originality points but we would still call you dumb.

The CTR block is the ITR block they are the same. I just stroked my b16b. ITR crank and eagle rods. A gsr crank and rods will work also becasue they are the same. A crower, or whatever b16 stroker kit is made for a b16a, so I don't think that it would work on a ctr. The stroke would be too long, or short, one of the two. Either way gsr or itr internals work.

97ctr is right, the b16 stroker kits are meant for the b16a ONLY.

physically, the deck is shorter than ALL other b-series motors.

ls/gsr/ctr/itr all share the same block "size" so to speak.

if you want more torque, why did you get a b16 in the first place?

being original usually means you are slow.

How about an 1975 AMC hornet? I could get one for like 100 bucks and put a 360 in it for a couple hundred buck more! LOL, ok ok ill just fit the form then ok, what do you guy think of a ZC or a B16a? which one would be a better choice? I kind of want the ZC but what do you guys think? :blink: But I dont want torque I want high rpm HP even tho the ITR probly make more any how, if I wanted torque I would buy a poor mans corvette or an older car with a fuel leak (a carb) and a V8

what would be better for N/A tunning? still the b16a? Well I have to go to my brakes and my engines classes so I wont write back for like 3Hrs. but I'll talk then. later. B)

sorry I just looked at the reference sheets it will work in that case. ok for the CTR to get more compression does it use a bigger conecting rod or a larger piston?

Hey 97CTR why would they be to long? or Short? the CTR and the B16a have the same bore and stroke and if putting the CTR pistons in a B16a gives it a C/R of 10.8:1 ( does it?)then that means that they have the same rod size b/c stroke is only determined by the crankshaft because what ever the rod length is it will only move 38.7mm up and 38.7mm down if we are talking about a 77.4 crankshaft.

Back