B16b vs b18c5 piston

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loko123

Hey just wondering what piston should i get and will be better on my b18c1 block and i'm going all motor and wich will give me more power?

i thought about that but wouldn't my compression be too high like around 13. compare to the ITR piston that will give me around 11.5

Too high for what though? Maybe normal tuning on pump gas, but you didn't specify.

high for running on pump gas like 93 octaine i heard the compression will be to high with CTR piston compare to the ITR i heard. and i don't want to run with race fuel just on regular pump gas like 93 octaine.

So then what was the point of asking which will give you higher hp numbers? You already seem to have your reason for not wanting to run the CTR pistons... That leaves only one of your choices left...

Also, B16b pistons will put a b18c1 at a hair above 12:1 compression assuming you stay with the stock stroke length, don't mill the head, ect...

USDM ITR pistons will put your B18c1 around 10.8:1

JDM ITR pistons will put your B18c1 around 11.4:1

I got these numbers from using this caculator if you wanna try it yourself... http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcalc/compcalc.php

Last edited:
Back