B18 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol, thank you. One more bit of info Ive picked up on the difference between the 2 heads (which may be in that link, i cant remember now) is that in stock form the GSR is better suited for a turbo application. The reason for this is the chamber shape. The flat faces in the GSR chamber aid air flow in boosted applications. Im not sure how big of a diference there would be, so for all I know the difference could be even more minimal than the flow rates. Deffinitly worth checkin out for anyone interested in knowing more tho.

Lol, thank you. One more bit of info Ive picked up on the difference between the 2 heads (which may be in that link, i cant remember now) is that in stock form the GSR is better suited for a turbo application. The reason for this is the chamber shape. The flat faces in the GSR chamber aid air flow in boosted applications. Im not sure how big of a diference there would be, so for all I know the difference could be even more minimal than the flow rates. Deffinitly worth checkin out for anyone interested in knowing more tho.

Agreed. I had a second to scan the thread and it looked VERY informative. I will read it in its entirety after the gym. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

To the OP, you will find some very good information on the thread newb posted. ^_^

That link had a lot of good info in it.. As it stands now, I'm looking at slapping a GSR head on.., they're plentiful around here so shouldn't cost much to snag one. After a lot of searching and researching, people keep referring back to crower.. I like their parts, but when I started asking around town (both fellow car guys and techs) I had 3 people mention an issue with the stroker setup in a b18.. When I asked them to ellaborate, they didn't really have anything solid but it was enough to make me wonder why three people who didn't know each other had the same types of comments about it. As it is right now, I wouldn't mind doing a full crower stroker and valvetrain setup. I just want to know if anyone else has heard of any problems out of crower being put into the b18 or any other honda/acura engine? As with everything else, it should just be a matter of proper fitment, installation, and tuning, correct?

My vote is no stroker kit. I actually dont have anything bad to say about em, besides the price. Take the money that the stroker kit will cost and step up your LS/V build. Go for nicer parts, step up the machine work on the head, or do sumthin along those lines. For what those kits cost you can get yourself some very nice parts, and still keep your goal in sight. Theres no point to go bigger if you can go better IMO.

I sent crower's import group an e-mail for pricing on their stroker kit, as well as requested some more info on their parts. I also have someone local selling a set of b-series JE 84mm pistons, never used for $300. Waiting for the part number and I may be headed down to pick them up. Brand new they're running 6+.. hard to pass up quality parts for cheap!

on the block build you will want to sleeve it with ductile iron not steel or titanium , steel will eat your pistons up and titanium cost to much , especially for your power goals. ductile iron has the same structual quailities as steel but is inpregnated with graphite to help with wear issues and does well under alot of pressure. Check with eagle for the machining and sleeving end for your block. The guys that make the rods.

Thanks jk, I'll definitely look into the iron. Well, I got the part number from the guy for the pistons, but I can't locate it anywhere.. The piston ring number(3307xc) popped right up, but nothing for 0812027. I'll try to get ahold of JE tomorrow and see what they can tell me about it.

Back