b18 crx, wont rev past 3500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oneslow_honda

hi, i am new to site. bought a 91crx with a b18 swap already done. been drivin it around for a month or 2. the other day i hit a dip in my dirt road and the car wont rev past 3500rpm. i replaced the throttle body, the tps sensor, and found some wiring that was loose. fixed all that. the car idles better but still wont go past 3500rpms. i have a pr4 computer. it acts like it is limp mode i have already ordered a new one. do you think it will help or is it somethin else. thanks for any input.

Last edited:
the chech engine light has been on since i bought the car. the guy i bought the car from did a hack job to the harness. i have broke out the notebook, and test light tryin to figure out what is what. i put the new computer on it today. it idled really good better than it has but it still won't go past 3500. i am thinkin i might just tear it all apart and re do it the right way. unless somebody has a suggestion. thanks

I have the exact same issue with my 88 Crx with a B18C1 running with a P28, a friend of mine recommended the MAP sensor. Ive replaced everything trying to narrow this down, everything except the MAP. So maybe start there :confused:

I have a 90 crx hf thaat did the same thing, the idiot I go the car from did a dual point to multi port swap. Yeah I know HF and SI were both MP, so I had to undo that and then it actually turned on. but once it turned on it was in limp mode(wont rev past 3500) so I checked my codes(little plug on the pass side near the computer, key off jump the 2 terminals together, then turn the key and the light starts flashing) my codes were for a fuel injector. so I pulled the wires off the ecu and off the injectors and got a wiring diagram, and sure as shit oone of the wires wasn't making a connection, so I ran it straight from the injector to the ECU(the injectors go from the ecu to th injector, then to a resister box, then back to the ecu, mine has a split on the side without the resister box) once i did that, i drove it for a month no prob, and took it to the track to run mid 8's, 1/8mile on a stock LS with and ebay intake pipe and old foam filter, and a brospeed axle back, 17's, full interior, and and my 230lbs fat ass, lol.

Back