b18 into ef hatch now car will not start HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok it is a obd-0 pr4 ecu and the cel on the dash from what i was told will stay on nomatter what because of the wiring conversion

he said its obd0 y0

sorry. my bad

check the blinking like man!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CEL will not stay on just because you have a wiring conversion...Check the led on the ecu to see what code it's throwing, like everyone else said. You should be good with the mechanical timing if you tightened your timing belt correctly - you were right to use the white mark on the crank pulley, as the red one is the one to use with a timing light. When I mentioned 3 marks, I must've been thinking of my buddy's celica, my bad. Keep fooling with the ignition timing, fix the CEL, and I'm sure you'll get it.

Cypher is correct

Attachments

• dist pic.JPG
    dist pic.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 4,900
reckedracing said:
your OBD0 ecu should have a little window with an LED that will flash codes...
find out what its telling you is wrong...
best bet is to fix the error and then try and start it...

you don't need crank marks to check your firing timing
pull plug #1 and put your hand/finger over the hole
turn the crank until you feel the compression stroke
put a screwdriver in the hole and turn the crank till #1 piston is at the top of its stroke, then check your distributor to make sure you're pointing at #1
so much faster just to line it up with the crank pulley

ok to everyones help on here i will try to answer all questions

it is a obd-0 pr4 ecu
the cel comes on and goes off but flashes 2 times real quick with this ungodly buzzing noise i have never herd b4 with my old engine,
the light on the ecu comes on with the ignition and goes out no flashing at all

ive watched this 7 times to see if it will pick up anything

i have timing and spark but now i have noooooo fuel

i dont know if it has a safety feature where you disconect the injector plugs and it will not send fuel up to the rail and also i have 2 cracked injectors so thoes will be fixed tonight

there is no ground on my thermostat housing and im still getting spark
i will add another and see what happens
and will keep everyone posted

and next time i do this im making sure i have like 2 people helping instead of just me

thanks
hondaswap members

check main relay and fuses. it sucks when you go through all the hassle and its only a cheap as fuse. lol has anything change lately?

ohh and it seems you havent hooked up your o2 sensor. though it wont keep your car from starting i'd get it fixed while your down there.

no the o2 sensor is hooked up but the manifold is not on the car so its not luged into the bung but its hooked up to the wiring clip and i have checked the fuses and the main relay is brand new as well

Taco15 said:
check main relay and fuses. it sucks when you go through all the hassle and its only a cheap as fuse. lol has anything change lately?

ohh and it seems you havent hooked up your o2 sensor. though it wont keep your car from starting i'd get it fixed while your down there.

main relay is what i thought of when i first started reading this too
same problem i had with mine.. didnt figure it out till i was $200 into parts/labor...

got a transmission gound? have you swapped ecus just see if MAYBE your took a dump

yeah i have a engine ground and the tranny gtund is my negative battery cable
and ecu is good i had it checked out and everything is cool

so yeah i dont know what to do next

im going to replace my fuelpump to see if thats it and then if i cant get it running i guess im gonna pull the engine and sell it

and then sell the shell

god i hate this little hatch of mine

have you checked the fuses in both boxes? my friend had the same problem with his rex. his new fuel pump wasnt coming on. after hour of looking we found out it was his fuse under the dash. another thing. when it did come on the car wouldnt start. when it did it died again. the fuel pump was sending too much fuel. it would flood it immediatly. he turned the fpr down a little and worked like a champ.

well with mine i have the stock dx pump and no fpr as of yet its sitting here in the box wating to go in

but i can pull the rail off my injectors and turn it over and no gas comes out but i hear the pump pumping

am i jsut loosing my mind here or is that not sopposed to happen

ok.. so you have gas.. but its not getting to your rail for some reason?

check your filter? i doubt it'd be THAT clogged, but shit happens lol

Back