B18-R wire in to a 97ex help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wolfdawg2

Wolf dawg
I just put my 97 type R in to my 97ex I just need to know what plugs are going to need to be changed or added? I am using my 97 ex wiring. Most of the plugs plugged right in and there was 2 that I had to swap out one was the speed sensor and one was on the intake by the injectors. There are 1 or 2 that do not go to any thing by the distributor. I think one is for the egr and the other is for the vtech presser what do I do with the two plugs? And also what about the crank sensor plug what do i do with that and one more thing the knock sensor on the type-R how do I wire that up? I also need to know how to change the O2 sensor from a five wire to a 4 wire. I also need to know about the power steering pump- what power steering pump do I use b/c the hose will not fit.

Any info or help would be nice. This would be my first time putting one into a 97ex.
Or any one willing to come and help out I will buy them some beer lol :p Thank for any help Wolfy:cool:

Last edited:
sorry bud...atleast this will be a good thread for me to look at too...im looking for this info also but im putting the b18c1 in a eg

hey

Do you know how to wire a 5 wire to a 4 one for a 97ex I am using a p73 ecu:confused:

change the o2 sensors kids
as far as the two extra plugs by the dizzy one is the pressure sensor for the vtec which the type R does not have so it's no longer in use the other pliug is for a air sensor that is on the stock intake tube you dont need it .......
also the ckf sensor N/A with the type R
as far as the knock sensor your stock harness should have one just plug it in
if the not and you need one get you self a new connector and run the two wires to the ecu your self to pin D6 and the other to a good ground if the vtec doesn't pop at 6 grand you got them backwards

double check with a couple people on the info to be sure i'm correct

as far as your power steering pump try and use the one thats in your car if it wont mount up i think your going to have to replace the lines but search around on that one i'm not sure

I bet you can figure it out by looking at the wiring diagram for the car, and then the wiring diagram for the motor's car. compare the diagrams. it may not be possible.

please. vtec Vtec vTeC VtEc vTEC are all accpetable. vtech make telephones. unless your wiring your telephone? :)

i'm busy in my own garage, but maybe later later if you havnt got it, i'll check the wiring diagrams. but dont count on it. give it a shot

g'luck

hey

Thanks for the help. I am just asking. So I can do this the right the first time. lol I cant fine any info on it. The only shit I am finding is for obd1 nothing for obd2 I just need to know what color wires to use out of the 5 wires and what needs to be repined on the ecu So any info would help out, Thanks Wolfy :confused:

Back