B18 series into 99 DX Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jal99dx

I aquired a B18 series engine from a freind, engine has complete wiring harness, exhaust header and intake, also the computer, transmission, all motor mounts (This was originally in a late 90's Integra I am not sure on the trim level as the car was debadged) and Cylinder head, I paid $200 for this engine and I personally saw it run. My questions are these:

1. Are there commercially available engine mount converters for this engine to fit without modification of engine bay? (I.E. cutting or removing existing brackets)

2. If not what ones will need to go/be modified? ( The current engine in my car is a D16Y7 with a hydraulic 5-spd manual)

3. I am looking to keep this an N/A swap as a turbo is expensive but not out of the question however what sorts of modifications would be needed to allow room for such an addition in the future

4. I am going to do a full rebuild from the ground up on all internals, New pistions, cams, valves, springs, cranskshaft, ect any recommended brands/groups that give you a lot of performance for not obscenely high prices.

5. What sorts of modifications would be needed in the drivetrain to allow for the different engine and are parts available for it. (I.E shorter/longer cv shafts larger diameter hub assemblies ect)

Thanks much.

Here are some pics of above said engine and car:

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

For mounts, you will need all the b-series mounts plus the b16( civic si) rear tranny mount and the del sol vtec/b16 ac mount(if you are planning to keep the ac). I think hasports sells a complete mount kit for about 400.

For your rebuilt, it depends on what your goal is. If you just want a stock motor, open up the block and replace any damage parts with oem equipment. try magauto.com or if you plan on turbo later on, you rather pay the price now to build the motor for turbo.

btw, it looks like you have an ls motor from a 94/95 integra. You may need a obd2 to obd1 conversion. someone correct me if i am wrong.

good luck on your swap!

Back