1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18 vs. b20

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by haley72692, Sep 8, 2009.

1. haley72692

haley72692 New Member

honda/acura noob here.

how does a b20 compare to a b18? is there a big difference? ive heard yes and no from multiple sources so im not sure:confused:

thanks for all the help

also... how fast do you think a 98 integra with a b20b with a couple small bolt-ons would run in the 1/4?

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

With a B20B it won't be much different then the original LS motor. If you go with a B20Z, you may notice a bit more power...

3. RoughKnight

RoughKnight Christmas Car

its just that b20 blocks aren't build to rev high, so unless you plan on building the bottom, i think (dont quote me) the max a b20 stock can hold is about 7200rpm before the bottom end goes out. I like the b18, whether it the c1 or the c5 both are nice, rev to 8k ish and with a few minor bolt ons will consume your need for speed.

Until u discover the world of super/turbo chargers :)

4. dustinp

dustinp New Member

i no the b18 has much stronger cylinder walls due to the smaller bore than the b20 so if u plan on doing anything extreme such as high boost or high compression b18 is a better route..as far as stock performance goes the b20z is slightly better in hp and torque than the ls b18b1 but other than that the b18s outperform the b20s i do belive

5. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

I'm in the same boat. I have a running LS eng/trans that I wanted to put in my 94dr, But found a b20b and a GSr Vtec head and wondered which would be better to go with.

I don't want to rev past 68-7000 (I'm too old to be rebuilding things all the time), just a 'spirited' little car that I can have fun with and still put the kids in back..

E

6. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

b20Vtec*>B18c>B20b>B18a/b

For non-vtec motors more displacement = More power.

For the original post, not sure what you'd run the 1/4, but you'll feel the difference driving around town and up hills due to the extra 0.2L

*assuming its built properly

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

8. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

if anything get yourself a gsr or si tranny and ull b alot happier with with the ls. if there is nothing wrong with your ls leave it in as far as your 1/4 mi times search the refeance section for that answer.
    read a book and do a search

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted