b18a guts into b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, I went to lowes and found some fine threaded M8 bolts and they fit perfectly in the squiter holes.

what makes a clutch clamp in a staged clutch?
i have a stage 3 egay clutch in the car right now, but im tired of the jumpy engagment i think is due to the 6 puck disc. so, does the pressure plate make a staged clutch grab hard or is it the disc?
i want to use a new disc i have layin around with the stage three pressure plate.

according to zealautoworks comp calculator, the b18c deck is a lil taller than the b18a/b

Ok :shrug2:

what makes a clutch clamp in a staged clutch?
i have a stage 3 egay clutch in the car right now, but im tired of the jumpy engagment i think is due to the 6 puck disc. so, does the pressure plate make a staged clutch grab hard or is it the disc?
i want to use a new disc i have layin around with the stage three pressure plate.

Same as any other clutch- the pressure plate and the flywheel sandwich the disc.

b18c is slightly taller than the b18a/b. I've never been able to get a clear answer from anywhere on the exact deck heights. I think the zeal is not 100% correct on the numbers though.

Yeah Zeal's numbers were always a little screwy. I guess I never paid attention to it because I never had an engine built without surfacing the block anyway.

took the clutch off the b16, and i find my flywheel has cracks all over it..
how does this happen?
oem flywheel btw.

anybody have a suggestion for a good flywheel?
i dont need a flywheel that is going to crack and eventually explode..
I don't want to really go aftermarket because of possible balance issues, and i dont want to kill my main bearings.

If you don't want to go aftermarket the only option is OEM. I had no problems with my Fidanza/Clutchmasters 7.5 pounder.

If you don't want to go aftermarket the only option is OEM.

captain.obvious.jpg

well, i got some progress going on the car today.
fixed any rust and undercoated the wheel wells and chassis.
I also gutted and blacked out the engine bay with truck bed liner, it looks clean.
now im just waitin on slow honda to ship my oil squirters...
I should have them by tuesday.
then assembly starts.

Back