b18a swap will only rev to 3500 rpms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nwkdonblk

i swaped a b18a into a 90 hatch back finally got all the parts to get it driveable but , with the car in neutral sitting still can only get 3500 rpms out of the motor and when i try to move it wants to fall on its face it idles the way it should it does have a code 16 popping up havent got that one figured out :confused:

code 16 is fuel injectors

You should check the 2 fuel injector wires you ran straight from the ecu to the injectoers. A1 on the ecu should have a BRN wire running to inj. #1. A5 on the ecu should have a Lt BLU wire running to inj. #3.

#2 and #4 injectors are the ones already in your harness, RED to A3 and YEL to A7

It is posible to mix these up and still get it to idle, but only two injectors are firing, or firing at the wrong time. Hope this helps man, I did a 90ls swap into a 89lx 4 door, it took awhile but I have a much better understanding of the wiring now because of my struggles.

thank you i was messing with it yesterday had a nice day in IL, i cant remember which plug wire i took off but it never changed the sound of the engine or affect the idol so i put it back on then i took another one off and it did change bad thing is i dont know which ones they were will take my manual out with me today and check it out some more again thank you

i had the same problem with mine it was the fuel injector resitor box check ur injectors first then check that i forgot how many ohms its suposed to pull but maybe find a budy that will let u borrow a good one to hook up or go buy one dont remember rite off what they cost hope this helps

I had same problem idles fine but falls flat on it's face did you switch the tps wires on the sensor? If not you need to it's the 2 outer wires so there's 3 wires total on the plug switch them 2 outer ones 1.2.3, 3 and 1 need to be switched should be a green wire and a yellow

Back