b18a swapped ef runs funny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FNG Clint291

ok well im new to hondas but im a mechanic and im lost:confused: so i have an obd1 b18a1 swapped into my 1990 si and it runs fine but it dies on deceleration like when i go to stop at a light or stop sign, i just put a brand new dizzy in it and it still gives me code 9 which is a cylinder 1 position sensor......just for those who will ask it is obd-0 harness with obd1 ecu and engine harness, pr4 ecu not tuned or chipped.

I would think its a wiring issue. How'd you get the OBD1 Engine harness plugs into the OBD0 shock tower plugs?

Did you buy a OBD1 or OBD0 Distributor?

From what I know....you need to mate the original harness and the OBD1 harness if you want an OBD1 Distributor/Alt/Injectors.

One way to swap it involves using the Si harness and OBD0 LS Dizzy/Alt/Injectors but that can cost money. There are ways to mate/solder the two together but you would need to investigate that further.

its the original si harness that has all the obd1 ls harness wired into it, and its an obd1 dizzy, but now it got rid of the cylinder position code and is giving me code 8 or top dead center sensor code

ok well nevermind on the code part it just didnt have enough battery to flash all nine times for the cylinder position code which it still has.

Sounds like you have it wired up right.....can you try/borrow another dizzy?

yes i tried my friends distributor and same thing, so i checked everywhere and couldnt find anything about wiring it up to double check so i looked at my friends and found out the wiring could be wrong because the person who did the wiring before i got the car had just spliced in an obd1 ecu dizzy and o2 sensor so im gonna double check wiring off of friends car and see if mine is off in any way

Back