b18a1 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18civic1013

i'm new to engine building, but my dad is goin to help me build a b18a1. i was wondering what all performance parts i should put on/in it. i'm going to buy new cams, cam gears, intake manifold, retainers, throttle body, valce springs, valves, header, fuel rail, puley kit, and im putting a vtec head on it, and later on i will turbo it. I was wondering what else i could/should do for this. its going to be a daily driver, but i want to be able to beside something with a little power and take it. so i'm looking for horsepower and quickness. if there is anything please tell me thanks in advance for your help

port and polish, if your going turbo forged rods and pistons, and depending on how deep your pockets are bore and sleeve your motor. 2.1 lsvtec turbo would be sweet

..if youre getting a vtec head for it then i would not spend money on cams for the ls...do some research and reead! lots...youve just walked into the most expensive habit in the world..
save money for forged internals first, if you build it right first it will save you tons$$

Back