B18a1 Into 1988 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pdqcrx

Swapped it all out and now it won't start. I have spark and shot starting fluid in the air cleaner but it will not crank,pop,crack or anything. Stuck a screwdriver in the plug wire and it will jump spark a half an inch. Set #1 on tdc and checked all the plug wires it looks good. The b18 uses the same firing order as the d16 right? Still have the original ecu but was told it would work. Will the distributor out of the d16 work in the b18 maybe its still not right even with spark? It had the cap off a while and some of it was rusty. Another week of this and I may pour gas on the outside and see if it will fire!!! :angry:

damn... i forgot the firing order for the b18a, but i know its not the same as the d16. dont use d16 ECU for 1, use the LS ecu, #2 is your throttle body opening?, for some reason mine got stock shut, but after i jammed it open its worked fine. even if your firing order is off, you should get a lil pop, so i doubt ur getting gas cause u say ur getting spark. check injectors and all that, see if the smell/are wet, if u have spark and air, fuel would be the only reason its not popping. if its poping and not starting, then the firing order is off.

Check Your Grounds!

Check Your Firing Order!!

Yes like he said Dizzy Need a LS one Make Sure U have the Right ECU!!

Check Ur starter it should click. If your dizzy is wrong it won't start!!!

Don't worry it will be sloved just might take some work!!!

by any chance this is a OBD1 Motor?

Back