B18A1 into 88 civic dx hatchbakc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for this to work do i only need to do the conversion from dpfi to mpfi. is that all i need to do for this to work?

you got it man... oh and youll need the ECU and wiring harness axles engine and trans... and motor mounts... there ya go

well see i have all that stuff and i did the conversion and it doesnt work. i put a new distributor on it and i got no spark...please help.

you must of wired it wrong then, who did the dpfi to mpfi?

i did it myself...it is the easist thing in the world. see when u do the converion everything that i read only had to do with the fuel injection...thats all i wired for. i never read nething having to do with rewiring for spark, and thats my prb...i have no spark. i just put a new dizzy on and nothing. am i missing something with the wiring. i wired the cps and the injectors and injector resistor box...nothing else...how do those things have to do with spark, or dont they...and if u no, please tell me wat i am missing

try switching the two white wires on the distributor, that should fix it. i've had to do that with both my 4th gens. none of the articles tell you to do that. hope it works

1) axles from the car the engine came from?

2) ecu obd1 i assume

3) wiring harness / motor mounts could be bought online?

4) mpfi conversion...could someone point me to a 'how to'?

I am VERY interested in doing my own swap of this sort, these questions may have been asked already, but I think that you can help me right here...I really want to do this kinda thing

you have to use the ls distributor if your using that then i have no idea

ok bms. if your doing a b18a1, you need to get the axles from the car the engine came out of. which is the integra. you'll need the complete swap. from axles, to distributor, to resistor box. all that, needs to be put in. the wiring can be tricky if you've never done it. just make sure you read up on it. you can get complete engines from wreckers, i got mine from one in winnipeg Manitoba, Canada. i paid 1300$ taxes in, canadian funds, and i got everything. including any bolts that i wanted, any sensors, u name it, i got it(i know a guy that works at the wrecker) anyways. mounts, well i made them myself. copied them off of the HASPORT ones. they work good, but it vibrates like mad. very stiff mounts. The mounts, are probably going to run you a couple hundred $ if you get them from HASPORT. go to hasport.com. i think that is the address. you can search the internet for more info on this swap,and what other swaps are out there. you definatly need to learn your wiring though. the distributor has to be wired in differently(change 2 wires around) the fuel injectors need to be wired in, and the resistor box needs to be wired in as well. those are your main concerns. start checking out sites. you'll find what u need. wiring diagrams can be found on those sites.
c-ya- Jewlz

Use this artical to help with all the wiring. I did the wiring on the same exact swap for a friend and all I did was follow what was in here and everything worked perfect. VERY simple install... we even converted from auto to manual at the same time. With some patients and the will to do this yourself it can be had very easily. The best way to go about swapping is use the stock DX harness and add/change plugs that you need. Also DONT FORGET TO WIRE THE RESISTOR BOX.... VERY VERY IMPORTANT, DOUBLE CHECK IT ONCE IT IS DONE!
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/

B18A1 into 84 civic HB

I have everything i need to do this swap except the motor mounts and axles. what else do i need to do to make this a great swap. Which axles do i use. Can I custom make my own motor mounts. What is DPFI to MPFI?

Last edited:
Dual Point Fuel Injection (two injectors setup almost in a carb fasion) Multi Point Fuel Injection (that's what you will see in 99% of honda's, 1 injector per cylinder). We used the stock civic axels for the swap I believe. I would recommend swapping to DA (integra suspension) or some after market brand because that motor will do a number on those old stock struts. You could make your own mounts but dont. If you can't afford hasport then check out ebay. You will also need custom shift linkage, once again hasport or ebay. The exhaust will also no longer be the correct length, I personally recommend going to a muffler shop or finding someone with some skills in exhaust fab.

Back