B18A1 Powered '89 Civic HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My friend has a 1989 Civic HB that we swapped a 1993 RS motor into, but after the swap we had to custom make an intake, the custom intake we made was made from part of the stock plastic intake from the RS and a short ram that he had from the original Civic motor. Now that he has the money after the swap he wants an actual intake and not a custom one, I know he has to buy the intake for the motor but do you know of any companies that make a hybrid CAI for his setup? I know AEM makes hybrids but I haven't noticed any for his setup.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated... :)

UnlimitedEK9

My CRX AEM CAI fit just fine on my LS motor in my 89 CRX... Your friend should be fine with the right intake for his car, just get the 89 Civic SI intake because it might be a bigger diameter to compensate for the larger throttlebody.

yea all you need to get is the 88-91 civic si intake

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jun 27 2004, 02:06 PM
FYI = RS-LS-LS Special-GS's had the same engine... RS is not the type of engine.

Yeah...I know that...the engine is a B18A1...but I just put RS because thats the trim of Integra it came from...

Thank you all again for the help...

UnlimitedEK9

All you need to get is any COLD AIR INTAKE for a 90-93 Integra. I have the same motor in my CRX and i have a 90-93 CAI in mine, Fits Perfect! The chassis style between the 88-91 civic and 90-93 Integra are basically all the same, Most all Parts between both are swappable.

Originally posted by CReX123@Jun 29 2004, 04:08 PM
All you need to get is any COLD AIR INTAKE for a 90-93 Integra. I have the same motor in my CRX and i have a 90-93 CAI in mine, Fits Perfect! The chassis style between the 88-91 civic and 90-93 Integra are basically all the same, Most all Parts between both are swappable.

or an 88-91 CRX Si

Back