b18b/ delsol problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, im putting a B18B out of my 98 integra into my 95 delsol, i have changed engines in both eg civics and dc integras but this is my first D to B series swap and im running into a few problems...

1. the engine is a OBD 2 and the delsol is an OBD 1, i put a OBD1 P75 ecu into and the wiring harness for the motors seems to plug into the car fine, but i need to know if its going to run ok and not have any problems with the check engine light?

2. the headers i have on the motor are about three inches from the cat and the delsol, not to mention the bolt holes dont line up... what do i need to do to get that to work right without haveing to have a shop make me something?

3. also i would like to keep the AC and power steering in the car but the mounts that those bolt into on the integra are different... should i take the ones off of my integra too? and what about the AC because the AC lines dont look like the bolt the same on the integras AC pump as the delsols?

4.the shift stablizer bar on the delsol is to short... would the one from the integra work or do i need to have it lengthened?

i think thats about it... if anybody knows how do fix these problems please let me know... or if i just need some more parts off of my integra because im using the whole car as a parts car now, so any parts if anything i can take what i need off that.
thanks!

ok. . . as far as the wiring, I believe the car will run just fine the way it is, the only thing that you might have to do is re-wire the IACV, depending on if yours is 2 or 3 wire, there is an article in the swap section about this. You have to use the axles, and shift linkage from the b-series in order to put the d-series into the del-sol. You may have to use an integra cat to reach the exhaust, otherwise you have to have somewhere make you something.
Power steering, you have to use the b-series p/s pump and the b-series power steering pressure line has to be run to the p/s rack that is in the del-sol.
A/C would either have to be completely re-done, or there is an aftermarket a/c bracket that is available from some of the mount companies such as hasport.
Other than that you should be fine, don't forget the radiator, 99-00 civic Si, or 95-97 del-sol vtec is the only one that is going to work for the del-sol with a b-series.
Good luck.

wont a del sol with a b16 a/c bracket or a crv a/c bracket bolt to hist b18b block and let him keep his stock a/c compressor? thought that was somewhere

Here's my $.02.......

1. you need engine wiring harness from an OBD1 LS. You need to change the injectors from ODB2 to OBD1. That should be everything you need as far as wiring.

2.I believe on this you will need a Cat from the integra.

3.On this you should have done a search, I've answered this question so many times in here. But here we go, you can keep every single A/C part stock, the only thing you will need is a bracket from: 99-00 civic SI, any Delsol with DOHC engine or the one off CRV with B20 blocks.

4.Yes, you will need a B-series shift linkage.

Back