b18b intake issue + wont idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dagrace21

I have a 94 B18B motor, it was a jdm model from H motors.I have this installed in a 91 crx Si running a pr4 computer.... Im trying to solve an idle issue, it warms up and than wont idle.....in trying to chase down the problem i pulled off the throttle body and cleaned it out, the part store gave me a gasket that didnt work and when i went back i found that the intake was from an automatic...not stick shift....im trying to find out what the differance is and what my next step should be to figuring out the issue....(i have checked idle air valve, timing, fuel pressure, spark, dizzy,ect....nothing seemed to be out of wack) thank you in advance...DAN

P.S. as far as the idle is concerned....it idles of till it warms up than gets worse and worse....it stays around 350-450rpm, and eventually dies...

nope no overheating, as far as the intake, its just a stock b18b in intake air cleaner....going into what apperes to be a stock (automatic) intake manifold.....all the motor is stock also.....

Back