B18b swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boosted_cx

honda powered
Ok so here it goes fellas. i have had my 1994 hatch ....cx of all lol just sittn around for a while waiting and now its due. I also have a 1996 acura integra boosted which is putting down about 400 whp. on a mustang dyno. she just dosent go fast enough so ive decided to do my swap into the hatch. from what i have been hearing it sounds like a direct plug and play as far as under the hood wise. now i am going to be using my mounts and shift linkage from the integra but i correct me if im wrong isnt the 96 teg a obd 2 harness.. i know im running a chipped p28 ecu as of right now that i got from a buddy. and it does have a conversion harness on it and i was wondering if that p28 was for a obd1 just kinda wondering and if i would need that harness or not in my 94 hatch. i know these questions might sound dumb but when it comes to swaping a motor im all for getting ready to learn for ive pretty much pulled it out of a teg twice b-4 now boosting i know all about lol.....any help would be appreciated cause my swap is going to happen here in about a week.

If you have a 400 whp Integra you should know all this.

If it doesn't go 'fast enough' it probably because you have a car that was never meant to put down 400 horsepower, and isn't geared for it. Neither can it handle it. If you want 400 whp to actually feel fast, buy a Porsche.

don_radeon said:
If you have a 400 whp Integra you should know all this.
Interesting, please explain what 400whp has to do with knowing about a motor swap? Last time I checked, selecting and purchasing the right parts for a car to increase its power level has nothing to do with being able to swap a motor. I'm far from being mechanically incompetent but I'm looking for a little help, sure I've put in a good amount of time and effort into my car, I just haven't done a motor swap into another chassis...

If it doesn't go 'fast enough' it probably because you have a car that was never meant to put down 400 horsepower
Yes, so everyone should give up their projects and buy a car that's "meant for 400hp". I think you're on to something!

If you want 400 whp to actually feel fast, buy a Porsche.
Good call...:rolleyes: If I bought a Porsche I'd end up a know-it-all douche bag who can't get off of his high horse..much like you.

If anyone has any serious advice it'd be much appreciated.

the p28 should be a obd1 ecu and you should be able to just plug it into the hatch and go. as foar as the motor swap is concered use the civic mounts that bolt to the frame and the integra mounts that bolt to the motoer. if you need to man hit me up on the messangers. ill help you out as much as i can.

Back