1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b1 Into '91 Integra?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Crazybi0, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Crazybi0

Crazybi0 Junior Member

my friend is asking me to find him information on swapping a B18B1 into '91 Integra.. is this possible? if so where can i find information for it? i have looked fairly well on the internet but i am not well versed in the ways of cars.. if you have anything that can help please reply or email nothin@i-ontheweb.com

2. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

It is possible, but unless it needs a new engine, this is probably a waste of time. You're gonna be dealing with an OBD jump just for like 12 hp and 7 ft/lbs of torque; unless you do engine swaps for a living, this is too big a task for such a minimal gain. If you are looking for performance, the next step is to LS/VTEC or go toward the GSR or Type-R. But yeah, it's possible. Few sensors here, few plugs there, new ECU, few turns of the wrench, that's about it.

3. onetyme_sam

onetyme_sam Senior Member

why wouldnt the swap be possible? its almost exactly the same engine pretty much. dont waste your time on a b18b1. its not that much of a gain. if you cant for a b18c engine, go w/ LS vtec. put a b16a head on a LS and change a few internals and your pretty much done. since the ls vtec will have low compression go to albertson's and buy some uncle ben's rice and boost it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted