B18B1 problems tranny problems... Clutch maybe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

office888

Okay, for my engine, I choose to buy a kit from the company "Innovative Mounts". Well, I've got their Hydro mount kit with the Hydro-to-Cable adapter for the CRX, and I was pondering something over.

The cable clutch arm on my D16A6 moves free, I can lift it with one finger. The clutch in the D16A6's tranny was perfect still.

If I pull on the cable actuator or push on the clutch arm thingee on the B18B1's, it won't budge at all, no matter how much force is put into it. The B18B1 has the standard 94 Integra LS Hydro Y80/S80 hydraulic tranny on it. The Engine/Tranny was taken out of a rollover Integra.

Is this a problem?

EDIT:
For further information, the motor was sitting in a used car dealer's backyard for about a month. It was taken out of a car someone rolled on a test drive. It then sat in my carport for about 2 months, then was moved into my garage for about 3 months. It's now IN the CRX.

Last edited:
DSC00492e.jpg

bump for a reply! Would like to know the problem before I remove and reinstall the engine for the 4th time in two weeks.

the one of hte left is where the old slave cylinder mounted as well as a mount too, if im not mistaken. as far as your conversion kit not working, i dont know. i know endyne tried to use both the hasport and some compnay out of cali (probably innovative)'s conversion kit, both sucked dick and needed a shit load of modification to work proeperly. ill ink you a little later so you read what he had to do to get it to work right.

Back