b18b1 turbo build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

to rebuild a head you need something to remove the valvesprings and retainers. its called a valve spring compressor and it is kind of hard to find to fit the honda valve springs.

as far as the cams facing the right direction, you worry about that when you set the timing. get the cams in there and get the caps tight. then you can rotate them and get everything facing the right way

those are the rocker arms. it doesnt really matter where they go but id recommend keeping the exhaust side and intake side in order at least (dont put the exhaust rocker arms on the intake side, or the intake side on the exhaust side) reason is that they have different clearances for valve adjustments and mixing them up could do harm to your engine if you let it go without adjusting them

i wouldnt recommend you spraying any sort of chemical in the valvetrain. chances are you wont get all of it back out and you could end up thinning out the oil and cause damage to bearings

as for valve spring compressor i already bought 1 yesterday, (a CRAFTSMAN'S C-style compressor ) and it comes wit 2 different claw or fork thingy dont kno wat dat called but i still couldnt get it to fit in rite, which compressor works, i wanna do this myself and ive seen brother and recent friends worked on their cars and i do loads of researches and learn and did bunch of projects to my own Hondas so im not completely un fimiliar wit the game so atleast i have an idea and im not stupid:D

thanks for the cams adjusting

OK about that rocker arms thingy,btw thanks now i finally kno exactly where the rocker arms at..lol.thanks learn something new everyday on this site (i love it) yea so wen i posted the thing about rocker arms i already dropped a few by tilting it to see the under side and now its all together mixed up INT side and EXH side so wat should i do den???

i think im goin to remove all the valve train and bring the bare Ls head and get it PnP and 3 angle valve job so wat u think instead of tryin to clean it myself....or is it worth it?
thanks for ur info

Right click your mouse on a picture and a menu will come up. Click on "Properties". Then you should see one that says "URL Address". That's the URL, copy and paste it...

this is like Online school..lol....thanks alot this is straight up detailed info...sometimes i need this to get me in the EXACT direction...THANKS!!!

DAMN! before i posted this i went and try to do wat u said and wen i rite click on the pix and then click on "PROPERTIES" and after that i dont see URL ADDRESS so where the hell do i get the URL address from for my pix,......but thanks for a good detailed run down...lol any help so i can post some pix

aight i got caught up in a situation, im tryin to take off the I.M and was able to remove 9 nuts but 1 kept spinning and that spinning nut is on the top and in the middle of the I.M. so does anybody got any type of ways to remove this cuz im goin NUTS!..or where can i go to get this remove.....please help me cuz im tryin to remove the valvetrains and this shit is in the way....

let me explain alittle bit....the stud that the nut is on dont move so only the nut is spinning, so it looks like the nut is not grabbing on the stud wen i try to remove it., and just want to let this be known that i try removing this nut for awhile just to make sure its not coming out, so please somebody help me.

I got a b16 vtec head on trade for a tattoo. I have the b18b1 ls motor. bored .40 over performace rods, piston and rings, 70mm throttle body, ram air and have a t3/t4 turbo I want to install as well... can I use this head or should I just go with a b18c1 head instead and sell this vtec head? kinda in the same boat... as Egturbohatch ... not sure where to go with what i have.. btw running 8:1 compression....

Back