B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B.O.G.

ofcorse i need an obdII engine harness but i have a d16y8 engine now. so do i need a new ecu if im going from v-tec to non-v-tec? and also have questions on solid engine mounts, where can i get them for the swap with out being raped for $500.

ok im gunna take a stab at this

you currently have a D16Y8 (yes?) so im guessing you have a 96+ EX (yes?)

welp without knowing the exact year i can not know if you are OBD-2a or OBD-2b

but anyway ill keep going

you want to put in a B18B1 (yes?)

welp the easiest way would be to get an OBD-2 one

you will need to modify your stock harness (no integra harness will work in your car)

yes you will need a new ECU (get the one for the B18B1 that matches your specific OBD (2a or 2b)

solid mounts are expensive... end of story
you could try to make them yourself... there is an article on how to do this.... or you could use the inserts

that is about the best guess i could make on your post and it was not easy to figure out what the fuck you were talking about

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I WILL EVER PUT THAT MUCH EFFORT INTO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU HAVE SAID TO ANSWER YOUR POST

next time try wording your question clearer... use specifics... dont assume we know what the hell you want or what the hell you are currently working with....
GIVE US THE FUCKING DETAILS

sorry didnt mean to piss you guys off, its a 97 civic ex, i hang out with alot of german owners so i know more about there cars then my own. if id of known all the diffrences i wouldve givin more info.

ok you are OBD-2a
get a pre 99 B18B1

lengthen a few wires on your harness and youll be in there

Originally posted by B.O.G.@Feb 11 2004, 06:49 PM
that isnt engrish?

your question, if thats what you want to call it made no sense to me. think before you write and that will get your question answered more directly.

matt

Back