1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18C Carbed

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by DTohill, Apr 11, 2009.

1. DTohill

DTohill New Member

HI I' m in the proccess of installing a B18C engine in my 1980 Fiat X1/9. One problem I have found is theres not enough room in the engine bay for the FI intake. So I have desided to go with my Dual Weber 40 DCNF carburators(intake manifold has already been fab). Can anyone tell me how much of a power lose I will get? An if there is anyone who can give me some tips on jetting the carbs for the engine that would be great. Thanks in advance

Dan Tohill

2. intenseneal

intenseneal New Member

How is there not enough room in the engine bay for the B18C intake mani?? If you are swapping into a 88-00 Civic there should be no problems. As for the power lose you will loose all power as the engine wont even be able to run. The B18C1/5 is a FI controlled engine. If you carb it the ECU wont know what to do, you will lose alot of needed sensors and you will need to redue the furl system for a carb.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

hey genius.. learn to read, its going into a 1980 Fiat

OP.. you might wanna look into ITBs (individual throttle bodies) .. its like going carbed, but still FI

4. oyy0

oyy0 Sleepy...

what ecu are you going to be using for this??
    you have a better chance at getting someone to help you fab up an intake manifold...shorter runners are going to hurt the GSR but you gotta do what you can to get it in there.
    post pics.

5. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

You dont need an ECU when you run carbs. Bisi ran carbs on his F22 for a long time, and made great power with them.

6. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

my guess is that the 40 DCNF carbs which have 30 or 32mm venturis are going to be too small for the B18C - we run dual Weber 45DCOE carbs with 38mm venturis on our 1.6L DOHC ZC, which is all stock except for stage 4 cams, at high altitude here in Colorado - at lower altitude, we would probably need even larger venturis or larger carbs - one big problem you will have with running carbs is in controlling the ignition timing advance

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  7. newb

newb phresh VIP

With a proper carb setup you can make the same amount of power as FI. It is more work but it can be done.

8. 6gSI

6gSI New Member

im jealousy, i want one so bad! no helpful info here... carry on...

9. 6gSI

6gSI New Member

Interested to know what ever happened to this project? Any more info?

10. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

Considering the original posters last activity date was 2 days after this thread was created. I don't think he's going to be back to inform you on the progress...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted