B18C Hydro Tranny Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phyreangel

Hey guys,

I would like to just confirm something. I have a ITR engine in my 90 CRX. I'm using the tranny that came with it which is an S80 Hydro Tranny with LSD. Now i spent the whole day trying to figure out why the hell this intermediary shaft (half shaft/mid shaft) isn't working with my tranny.

I went to the junk yard a couple of days ago and pulled an intermediary shaft off of a 90 integra that was automatic.

After some researching on here and Honda-Tech, I THINK i've found the answer to my problem but i'd like to confirm.

Instead of this stupid 90 integra intermediary shaft from an automatic car, I need a 90-93 integra intermediary shaft from a manual car.

Is this what it is?? because I spent the whole day grinding down the shaft that i have and it still won't fit because it is hitting the mounting points where the three bolts of the half shaft go. Can anyone confirm this for me please?

Thank you in advance

-- Jon

You probably just need a new seal where the shaft goes into the tranny. The 94 and up shafts require a different seal because they are a different size on the end. If you use the 90-93 integra shaft it must be from a manual car and you can use the seals and axles from 90-93 integra also.

what ever axles you use thats how to pick the 1/2 shaft.

if you use cable axles youll need cable 1/2 shaft and seals

if you use hydro axles youll need hydro 1/2 shaft and seals

Well you see, it's not that the half shaft doesn't go in or anything. It's just the mounting portion of the half shaft does not work because that bracket keeps hitting the engine block when the whole shaft is in the tranny. Like it doesn't fit flush against the engine block.

I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow to yank out a manual half shaft off of a 90 integra so i'll let you guys know my findings.

Thanks for the inputs though. I really appreciate it.

-Jon

half shaft from 90-93 acura integra is different than 94-01
the axles where drivers side is a male 94 and up is female
and with hydro you must obtain it from a hydro car not a cable
hope this was help

Back