B18C into 1990 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WyoTeg

I recently picked up a JDM B18C from my cousin and plan to swap it into my 1990 LS. He gave me his harnesses, injectors, and P28 ECU. Am I going to need to pick anything up to do the swap? Also has anyone does this swap before, and what am I going to have to do to use the OBD1 ECU in my car?

you also need the obd 1 distributor and a 4 wire o2 sensor, to run it obd1 with the ecu and harness, motor bolts right in

I have the OBD1 Dizzy, the engine was previously in an EG, it has the o2 on it and the dizzy.

yeah that will work, but you need to rewire the fuel injectors to run from the ecu not the resistor box, rewire the 4 wire o2, i think im forgetting something, but anyways just use the obd 1 harness from the donor car, you'll have to re-run it, but it will be easier and more cost effective if you already have it

or you can get a harness from a 92-93 integra. THat is what I'm trying to do also. It is obd1, and no splicing of the injector or distributor harness is necessary. You can pick one up, for way less than those conversion harnesses. or just stay obd0, get a pw0 or pr3 ecu, and keep your current harness, injectors, etc, and just wire for vtec and the knock sensor. The latter route won't get you through the smog ref if you're in cali.

Back