B18C on a 96 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RICK_FD3S

I'm helping my neighbord put a 98 GSR B18C into his 96 hx. I was told that I could use the DX wirning harness on the GSR motor. First the DX motor doesn't have a Knock sensor or at least this motor doesn't and he is not getting a CEL. Second the crank angle sensor is not the same. I can deal with the knock sensor but the Crank angle sensor I have no clue how to go about it. I don't have much experience with civic/ integras but I can tell you how to take apart a H series with my eyes shut. I tried to do a seach but nothing especific for what I'm looking for. Anything else I need to know about the wiring harness for this swap? Thanks

Somewhere on here there is sort of a how to rewire the CAS, I'll look around.

Did the motor come with the harness?? and What ECU are you using for this swap??? on the crank sensor on the civic is three wire and the GSR is two wire. If the harness came with the motor you can just use the one off of it and depin it and put it on your harness to make it work. thats what i did. but I used a ex harness to do this with made things alot simpler for me. hope this helps

ya boy steveo

well we have the HX harness but not the GSR harness. We are using the P72 that came with the motor. If I had the GSR harness it will make life easier because I can make that work. But I don't so I have to deal with the DX harness

Allright what you can do since you dont have the GSR harness is use your old componets to do this what your gonna have to do is depin the crank sensor on your old motor and use the plug off of it and put it on the GSR crank sensor. ill get some pics and show you what im talking about. On the knock sensor issue did you wire it up correctly???? and did you get a new one or used one??? might be a bad knock sensor if it is hooked up right.let me get some pics of how to do this change.

ya boy steveo

hey did you hook up that knock sensor i'm doing the same swap and im trying to figure out how to hook up the sensor

Back