1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18c swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by wentzy08, Nov 4, 2008.

1. wentzy08

wentzy08 New Member

2. JDMteg95

JDMteg95 New Member

well if an engine swap u need to SWAP THA WHOLE ENGINE!!! lol
    but if u have nething like headers or any thing keep though and put them on tha new engine
    engine swapping is not that hard unless its not a direct fit but in ur case it is
    but i would look for a better deal

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

No more advice from you please. K? Thnxbye.

4. redxcobrax

redxcobrax God member

:ufucktard:

agreed, haha.

You need axles, the correct ECU if you didn't buy it from them, the right motor mounts, all the corrects radiator hoses, wiring harness, shift linkage, and if needed, an OBD conversion. You will also probably need more stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. 386

386 'im gettin that fo sho!'

probably a throttle cable too... i think.. lol and they sell a complete swap on hmotorsonline too it comes with the majority of the things u need, just tell them what car u have and the year and eveything and they will help u out

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  6. BrutalB83

What you linked to is just an engine. Instead of buying that, just buy one of their complete swaps. It will come with pretty much everything you'll need...

7. mattpowerz

mattpowerz New Member

You'll still need motor mounts, shift linkage, axles, maybe a throttle cable. Also, since you have a 1998, you'll need to get a OBD2>OBD1 conversion, I think you can get those online for ~$100. Unless you are buying an obd2 engine, which most likely, you are not.

8. BrutalB83

ACTUALLY, if he were to just buy one of their complete swaps, like I suggested, they come with mounts (choice of stock or after-market), axles, and the shift linkage, and they do sell both OBD1 and OBD2 engines.

Did you even bother looking around the website before you posted? Obviously not...

9. 386

386 'im gettin that fo sho!'

well i dont know much about the trim models, but if the car has a d series hes still gonna need a radiator(or find some adapters) an exhaust most likely, and some of the hoses will probably be to short or a different sizes, a throttle cable(ive heard of ppl using spacers instead but idk), and if its jdm he'll have to either extend the wiring harness to reach or get a RHD harness( i think this works not sure), and idk what else, im still a noob but im pretty sure about that stuff lol but if im wrong the honda experts around here will surely correct me

10. mattpowerz

mattpowerz New Member

Sorry, my answer was directed at the "complete engine, trans, ecu" packages. You are correct about the complete change overs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted