B18c1 Oil Jets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well im having quite a unique problem(due to my stupidity). while rebuilding my b18c1 bottom end, i was taking off my oil jets after honing to clean them out, well i finished and went to screw the banjo bolts back in. since my idiotic haynes book didnt give me a torque spec, i just tightened them down one at a time. well on the very last one, i was tightening it and it slipped and just started spinning at ease. long story short, i stripped the threads. well its a very unique thread. m8x.75 its ultra fine. i went to fastenal and they couldnt seem to find a helicoil set for that. alright so then i tried suburban bolt. they told me they dont deal with metrics and to go to metrics unlimited. so i get there at 5:03pm just to find out im 3 minutes too late. well after that i went to school where my teacher told me that all i needed to do was buy a tap, make sure i run a brush through the hole and clean it out, run the tap and loctite the bolt in and say screw it. went to brush it out and all the threads came out. so now im stuck. cant find a helicoil, have no surface to tighten on to. im gonna call metrics unlimited in the morning before work and see if they can get one, but does anyone have any idea on what i should do? this is the only thing stopping me from finishing my bottom end and being done with it. id really hate to buy a new block because of ONE stripped thread. HELP!!!:confused:

Back