B18C1 Transmission issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Robb1887

GSR sol
my swap is 99% done, but when I go to throw the tranny into first gear.... no dice. 2nd gear... no dice.
3-5 and reverse.. no issues goes through them fine....

Anyone know whats going on??

When i did my swap, we screwed up getting the "bitch pin" all the way in. With the in only partially in, I only had 3rd thru 5th. When we got the pin pressed in all the way, the shifter worked fine. The bitch pin connects the linkage to the tranny. If thats not it, what shifter/linkage are u using? You need the teg assembly for it to work.

The bitch pin should be in all the way.... but Ill see if I can shove it in anymore... It was as far in as it was when I took it out. And I have to use the del sol Vtec linkage for my car... aka a sol. but the delsol vtec has the b16 and the b16 and b18 mount the same

The "bitch" pin is fine, I just took it out all the way and put it back in. Its not the pin.

Thanks... any other input or possible solutions is appriciated

see if the shifter is hitting anything under the car through its full range of motion, such as the exhaust.

I found a new transmission for relatively cheap. Im going to be swapping them out on tuesday I think, and then take the old one to the shop to get cracked open. If its fixable. Ill have them fix it then sell it back off to hopefully break even. So no luck yet. but getting close to being done

Back