B18C1 wiring Harness: what to use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

logg_frogg

well since i made an ass of myself in my last post i figured i may aswell ask the question properly this time.

I have a J-spec B18C1 complete, harness, tranny, computer ect.

I am swapping it into a 95 civic hatch.

what is the best wiring harness to use?

The japanese harness that came with the motor has all the right plugs on it but its 100% backwards from what i need (plugs are on wrong sides)

I have already tried unlooming it and rerouting all the plugs but i am about a foot short on one side and 6" on the other, i would really like to avoid having to splice 40 wires and was wondering if there was a harness out of a north american car i could buy.

Let me know guys,

Thnx! :cool:

u can use ur stock one, jsut add the wires it doesnt have, or change the pulgs to make them fit. . . if you cant figure this out, youi really shouldnt be swapping motors. . . just my .02

lol, dont worrry i am fully capable of doing the swap i was just looking for a prebuilt solution before i started into the hack and slash sesion :cool:.

Its just too bad that Painless or someone like that doesnt make prebuilt swap harnesses

Dont use the JDM harness! Use your stock harness and swap out the plugs you need. The wiring would be a mess and even if you shortened and lengthened the wires to reach every area, it would still look like shit! I am doing the same swap right now as we speak. A B18C into a 92 hatch DX. I am pulling all the plugs off the motor that is currently in there, then droping the new motor in and swapping out to the plugs I need. Research and research, and research some more if this is your first swap. I been reading about this swap for months and months because this is my first one and I want to make sure I do everything right the first time. Another suggestion is to get the book called Honda Engine Swaps by Aaron Bonk. It is full of useful information! The ISBN # is 1-884089-93-3

I'm slightly medicated right now so maybe I'm missing something. It seems like the obvious answer to which harness to use would be the USDM b18c1 harness from the same OBD as the engine for simplicity. :confused:

ok, so now that i got the answer i needed can someone tell me what car i need to buy a harness for?

94-95 intergra gsr usdm?

thnx alot guys!

the Engine i have is a B18C1 gsr from a 94-01 jdm integra. i'm not sure how to tell what year the block was produced in, but it is definetly a newer motor.

All the harness plugs that came with it match my 95 civic CX exactly but they are backwards.

its OBD1 as far as i can tell

here is a link to a similar motor to the one i bought

http://www.jdmsource.ca/v2/product.asp?ID=16

Even with the USDM harness, wont he still have to run the vtec wires, butterfly wires, ect from his new p72 to the shocktower connectors where it would meet the engine harness?

yes, i will still have to run those wires but that isnt the issue, the issue is that right now i either need a usdm harness that fits or i need to extend 30 wires lol :p

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, i will still have to run those wires but that isnt the issue, the issue is that right now i either need a usdm harness that fits or i need to extend 30 wires lol :p

Lazy man works twice. Are you electronically inclined? Are you good at splicing and doing wiring? If you are, the stock CX harness will work fine just add the wires needed to match the B18C1. You're going to have to wire VTEC and P72 chip anyway.

If you do a clean job of it it'll come out clean.

The easier/cleaner solution is the OBD1 Harness from a GSR. 94-95 is best bet. I don't know if 96-97 is OBD1 or OBD2(1).

just to inform you.. its a b18c.. no numbers trailing after on JDM motors.. so if there is a 1 after the b18c, you most likely have a USDM motor

Quoted post[/post]]
just to inform you.. its a b18c.. no numbers trailing after on JDM motors.. so if there is a 1 after the b18c, you most likely have a USDM motor

Not most likely, he definitely does! The way you can tell the difference between a Type-R B18C and a SiR-G is the SiR-G has a P72 on the head.

Also, the 96+ are OBD2a and 99+ are OBD2b. All the ECU plugs are different as well as the ECU. Your best bet is to run the OBD1 ECU, because if you want to program it later on in life, it will be much easier to do than a OBD2. Find yourself a USDM 94 or 95 Integra, if you find a GSR then take the ECU too, if you do not, then you will still have to run the VTEC wires from the RS and LS.

You can tell what year your engine is by looking at the exhaust side of the head. Above the second exhaust port of the head from left to right, there are four circles there, each have two numbers in there with a line seperating them. The first circle is going to tell you the year of the motor. i.e. I have a OBD2 motor, the circle on mine says 9/6, therefore the actual year of the motor is a 97. Obviously, the cars are made the year before for the following years delivery of new cars.

right on thnx guys, i'm going to pick myself up a new 94-95 usdm harness from an acura dealership as the cx harness i have has been weathered and i have had to make a few splices to fix some faulty/damaged wires.

thnx for the info about motor codes and stuff too, i'm a little new to all the terminology, but i am very mechanically and electrically inclined and should have no problem doing the swap.

lol and trust me the motor is definetly JDM just an older one not the type-R lol

Back