1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18c1 won't rev past 2500? WTF?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by imlachg1, Apr 22, 2004.

1. imlachg1

imlachg1 Member

Someone help, I don't know whats going on. I have a 96 del sol, with a 2000 gsr motor in it. This past weekend I installed a zex kit. I have yet to run it with it yet, but I have it hooked up. I was driving t school today, and it won't rev past 2500 rpms? Whats the deal, does it maybe have something to do with the conection with the tps? I conected it to the middle one? Any ideas? I am unsure if I threw a code, cause I always have a code cause I only have my primary o2 in, but its been like that for like 8 months. Help me out. Thanks.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Well, you need to fix your original code, so that you can figure out what any new ones are. You see that's the point of hte CEL, to tell you if something is wrong, and what is wrong.

3. imlachg1

imlachg1 Member

I understand that, and have the parts to do so, its just my iacv and o2. I have a new iacv that should be here today and an o2 sim, as far as fixing the problem? What do you guys think it would be?

4. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

For whatever reason it sounds like your ecu is in limp mode. Fix the problems and reset the ecu.

5. B18Civic95

B18Civic95 Member

Does it feel like redlining at 2500? If so it might me you Throttle Body Sensor

6. stolenteg

stolenteg Junior Member

Switch out the ECU bro- if it's chipped then that could be your issue. I had the same problem.[QUOTE

7. imlachg1

imlachg1 Member

if I were to get a new ecu, what ecu should I get? I have a 2000 gsr motor. Should I switch to obd1? Help me out.

8. imlachg1

imlachg1 Member

by the way I have a 1996 del sol s

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted