B18c1 won't rev past 2500? WTF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imlachg1

Someone help, I don't know whats going on. I have a 96 del sol, with a 2000 gsr motor in it. This past weekend I installed a zex kit. I have yet to run it with it yet, but I have it hooked up. I was driving t school today, and it won't rev past 2500 rpms? Whats the deal, does it maybe have something to do with the conection with the tps? I conected it to the middle one? Any ideas? I am unsure if I threw a code, cause I always have a code cause I only have my primary o2 in, but its been like that for like 8 months. Help me out. Thanks.

Well, you need to fix your original code, so that you can figure out what any new ones are. You see that's the point of hte CEL, to tell you if something is wrong, and what is wrong.

I understand that, and have the parts to do so, its just my iacv and o2. I have a new iacv that should be here today and an o2 sim, as far as fixing the problem? What do you guys think it would be?

For whatever reason it sounds like your ecu is in limp mode. Fix the problems and reset the ecu.

if I were to get a new ecu, what ecu should I get? I have a 2000 gsr motor. Should I switch to obd1? Help me out.

Back