b18c5 in to a 93 civic hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blick2319

i have a 93 civic hatch cx and i am goingo to look at a b18c5 engine in 2 days. what can i do to make the obd2 engine into obd1? and how hard is it to run vtec wires from nothing ? is this a bad idea to try and swap this? please email back

If you have NO experience then I wouldnt recommend this particular swap for your first one BUT you wont learn until you try it. Check out the articles section and use the search feature. There is TONS of info on this site alone for this type of swap. Its not TOO difficult but research it and make sure you have EVERYTHING you need before you even start the swap. Wiring isnt TOO bad but again, its not the easiest. If you've never delt with wiring before you should try and have someone show you first. I didnt know anything about wiring motors at first, but after researching around, I found alot of pictures and info that guided me through it. Good luck.

doing this swap is not really hard at all. if you are putting in the b18c5 into da 93 hatch, don't use the obd2 engine harness off of it. use your stock obd1 engine harness from ur 93 civic. the only two plugs that you wont have is your v-tec. all your gonna have to do is cut off the two plugs off of the obd2 engine harness and use those. just run the wires to the ecu.

thank you, i heard u have to buy an obd1 distiribitor and ecu is that true?

I had to use a P72 GSR OBDI Ecu with my USDM OBDII Motor into a OBDI Car. I used the OBDII engine harness which plugged in to my original chassis harness. I think it makes a difference though if its a USDM or JDM. If its OBDII, I believe its going to be USDM. Didnt have to buy a different distributor, but I was told you had to swap the two plugs on the distributor...I didnt have to.

i did this swap in my coupe a while back its real simple just get the usdm obd2 engine harness which is plug and play then run your vtec and get a p28 rechipped for single stage vtec dont use a gsr ecu like the kid said the intake manifolds are completely different between the b18c5 and b18c1 motors and you need the p28 chipped , you also need the integra axels, motor mounts , and some mounts from your stock cx , if you get teh motor and need help let me know

Originally posted by SolLess16@Aug 2 2003, 06:13 PM
i did this swap in my coupe a while back its real simple just get the usdm obd2 engine harness which is plug and play then run your vtec and get a p28 rechipped for single stage vtec dont use a gsr ecu like the kid said the intake manifolds are completely different between the b18c5 and b18c1 motors and you need the p28 chipped , you also need the integra axels, motor mounts , and some mounts from your stock cx , if you get teh motor and need help let me know

Whoops...sorry...I didnt even realize it was a type-r motor.... :blink: :worthy:

Pills will tell you taht most burnt programs out there thend to just dump a lot of fuel, Recommendation is to use a standard R base map and then tune it out via VAFC then Hondata.

Oh, by the way. The swap is straight forward. Go for it.

Milan

Back