b18c5 into 92 vx hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eggie75

I have a 92 vx and an obd2 jdm b18c5. what would be the simplest wiring route? should I use the vx engine harness? or should I use the b18 wiring harness? What is the most recommended way to wire this up? I also have a obd2 p73 and an obd1 p30 that if I use, I'll get chipped.

thanks, but thats to an obd1 motor. what I really want to know is whether or not I can use the b18 engine harness - will it plug up? or should I use the vx engine harness - will I have to change the electronics on the motor or at least rewire them?

If it's a USDM B18C5, than use it's harness. The harness plugs directly into the 5th gen Civic canon plugs (shock tower plugs). You can use the article posted for wiring the 12v for the o2 independently, or you can use the other article in that section on wiring it at the ECU either way works fine, I've done them both.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 17 2004, 12:23 AM
If it's a USDM B18C5, than use it's harness. The harness plugs directly into the 5th gen Civic canon plugs (shock tower plugs). You can use the article posted for wiring the 12v for the o2 independently, or you can use the other article in that section on wiring it at the ECU either way works fine, I've done them both.
[post=377843]Quoted post[/post]​

ty you very much... actually a jdm... hope it doesn't matter!

as soon as my shift linkage comes in! cant wait.

eggie75 Posted Today, 07:07 PM

ty you very much... actually a jdm... hope it doesn't matter!

as soon as my shift linkage comes in! cant wait.

i believe that the jdm wiring is not the one to use, as it it backwards from the plugs, etc. being on the right side.

Yea, the JDM harness is backwards, and requires a LOT of cutting and extending to make it fit. Just use yours, and the wiring article in the articles section to make it work.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 19 2004, 02:22 AM
Yea, the JDM harness is backwards, and requires a LOT of cutting and extending to make it fit. Just use yours, and the wiring article in the articles section to make it work.
[post=379028]Quoted post[/post]​

actually, i'm not really sure which harness is on there. I had an EK hatch that had the motor in it. I had it done at the local shop. would they have to have extended the wires to make it work in an ek, or would they use the ek harness and run vtec wires?

On an EK you have to use the cars stock harness because the Civics have a one piece harness that goes straight from the motor to the ECU, and the pre 96 Civics and Integras use a two piece that plugs in at the shock towers, making swaps almost plug and play with the USDM B series harness.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 20 2004, 12:45 AM
On an EK you have to use the cars stock harness because the Civics have a one piece harness that goes straight from the motor to the ECU, and the pre 96 Civics and Integras use a two piece that plugs in at the shock towers, making swaps almost plug and play with the USDM B series harness.
[post=379568]Quoted post[/post]​

One reason I never ever liked OBD2, but like everyone said you have to use a USDM wire harness. It's pretty much plug and play with the VX too.

wait a sec... actually, can I just use the ek wiring harness and run it through the wall and just use a obd2 - 1 conversion harness w/ the p30?

Back