B20 into my EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Northeast_EK

alright so i'm debating on doing the B20 swap into my 97 DX hatch. The questions i have on this are, first off. When and if i do put this motor in my car what wireing problems might or will i run into. also how easy is this swap to do, i'm a begginer to swaps, but i know some people that cna help me with it. but pretty much i'm just trying to figure out what i'm getting my self into.

if you know people that know what they are doing it should be pretty straight forward. besides replacing it with another D the B series is the easiest to swap into a civic. alot easier than trying to put an H or a K in there.

Quoted post[/post]]
alright so i'm debating on doing the B20 swap into my 97 DX hatch. The questions i have on this are, first off. When and if i do put this motor in my car what wireing problems might or will i run into. also how easy is this swap to do, i'm a begginer to swaps, but i know some people that cna help me with it. but pretty much i'm just trying to figure out what i'm getting my self into.

I'm doing a B Series in my Ek in a month or so. The swap isn't bad as long as you everything you need before you start it. You going to need some mounts from a 99-00 Si, (driver side and rear tranny), as well as B-series shift linkage (or adapter for your D series). As for wiring, if you're not using a Vtec head, the wiring shouldn't be too bad. There are some swap articles for B series into a Ek on this site too which should help. Good luck.

Back