b20 noobie question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

monkk

i got a b20 crx 89 si (body in bad condition). i want to take the motor and swap it in a civic hb...will i need a new custom mounts?

My friend, just a piece of advice...please only make one post for your topic as everyone WILL see that specific post and WILL reply to it, should you have provided enough information to go on. Also, you can always edit your post to add more information at anytime, instead of making FOUR different posts. That, I would think, would be a good way to get your thread locked.

With that said, have you done any research on motor mounts? I would suggest using the search feature and checking out other posts relating to your question. Also, Google will help you out a lot.

You never specified what year the Civic hatchback is, by the way.

I wish you the best and since you seem to be new here, welcome to HS. :D

what year civic is it going into?if its the same generation as the crx..then you would use all of the stuff you have now..and just put a dent on the drivers framerail right under the shock tower,and bend the lip down on the rear crossmember

I think he means eg. If that is the case, he will need a lot more than just mounts. hydraulic transaxle, obd1 ecu, mounts, shift linkage, axles. OBD1 distributor/injector clips.

yeah I would recommend using Arizona Race mounts or Hasport cause others are just metal and will cause engine sag and engine vibration due to welds on the mounts. Billit is definately the way to go. Only buy once and don't have to worry about breaking mounts.

Back