B20/vtec into 86 CRX SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSi86

Fatty
hey guys, im buying a B20b block with a b16 head, ecu, vtec harness... i know i will need the axles hub and brakes, engine harness, shift linkage, and mounts, and the main and rod bolts and head studs, anyways,....

is this a real complicated swap, what else will i need to do, im trying to find out all the info i need, i also need a tranny, if you guys know what kinda tranny fits best or is the best for this, that would be great, thanks

Transmission- B16 has the best gearing, plus it's cable actuated.
Needed to roll- Axles, Mounts, Shift Linkage
Needed to drive- harness that will work(don't know much about 1st gens), obd-0 to obd-1 jumper harness for the ECU (if you want tunability and VTEC).

Should get you started anyway.
I don't know if this is a bolt in process or what, but like I said, I'm not really familiar with 1st gen swaps

yeh im bringing my harness to rywire.com, and they will do the full conversion for me to OBD1 for a plug and play harness. im not sure what ecu i should get, i know i need something that will be chippable to dump enough fuel, but thanks for your help,

if anyone else knows anything, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

yeh thats what i have heard, and i think im getting the 93 GSR YS1 tranny a OBD1 P72 ECU with hondata s100. im also getting ARP studs and bolts. so im wicked pumped

91 crx

hey i have a 91 crx si with a b18a1 in it im thinkin of either putting a b16a2 in it or i found someone that i can possibly get a b20 with a b16a2 head what would i have to change in order to put either one of those engines in my car i like the b18a1 engine its quick in my little crx i have beat everything put against it but i want to build something myself. instead of keep something someone else swapped

super-cool-story-bro.png

awesome first post BTW!! :ph34r:

Back