1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20 vtec pistons

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by josuedc2, Apr 25, 2009.

1. josuedc2

josuedc2 Senior Member

Hi guys...i have a B16a2...and i have a b20b.im planning to do a b20vtec...witch pistons can i use for something nice, allmotor not too crazy...the b20b pistons?or can i use the b16a2 pistons?will they fit the B20?please help a noob:confused:

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

you need to research some b20vtec builds, that would help you plan your own. there are a lot of all motor b20vtec builds out there!

b20b block with a b16a head yeilds 9.2:1 compression
    b20z block with b16a head yeilds 9.6:1 compression
    these bottom ends in stock form do not like to rev past about 7000 rpms, and with the relatively low compression, they are not that impressive. trust me i know, i own one. my integra is just a hair faster than a gsr with similar bolt ons and only made 160whp. so that being said...
    you will need aftermarket pistons and rods to build a powerful, reliable NA b20vtec. if you put some higher compression pistons maybe somewhere between 11:1 and 12.5:1, and some decent rods. then add cams and valvetrain, your usual bolt ons, and a good dyno tune and you could make 200+ whp.

3. josuedc2

josuedc2 Senior Member

sounds good man.i really appreciate it.ill search

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I made 190whp/160wtq on high compression pistons and tuning alone. With a good set of cams, gears, and port/polish- you could break 230whp relatively easily. Cams/gears alone with good tuning will just about guarantee you 210-220whp. I was going for 250-260. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted