b20 vtec pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josuedc2

Hi guys...i have a B16a2...and i have a b20b.im planning to do a b20vtec...witch pistons can i use for something nice, allmotor not too crazy...the b20b pistons?or can i use the b16a2 pistons?will they fit the B20?please help a noob:confused:

you need to research some b20vtec builds, that would help you plan your own. there are a lot of all motor b20vtec builds out there!

b20b block with a b16a head yeilds 9.2:1 compression
b20z block with b16a head yeilds 9.6:1 compression
these bottom ends in stock form do not like to rev past about 7000 rpms, and with the relatively low compression, they are not that impressive. trust me i know, i own one. my integra is just a hair faster than a gsr with similar bolt ons and only made 160whp. so that being said...
you will need aftermarket pistons and rods to build a powerful, reliable NA b20vtec. if you put some higher compression pistons maybe somewhere between 11:1 and 12.5:1, and some decent rods. then add cams and valvetrain, your usual bolt ons, and a good dyno tune and you could make 200+ whp.

I made 190whp/160wtq on high compression pistons and tuning alone. With a good set of cams, gears, and port/polish- you could break 230whp relatively easily. Cams/gears alone with good tuning will just about guarantee you 210-220whp. I was going for 250-260. :)

Back