B20vtec smoking problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You plug the hole were the black box goes and then right above there is a threaded plug. remove that and install a fitting. vent away from exhaust with rubber hose.
If I had a camera I would show you.

ok thanks man ill try it and let you know how it goes

no why would it? Your plugging the hole on the intake mani so there is no vacume leak. I dont see how it would mess up the motor.

Well i dont see why they would put a PCV system on a motor if it was un necessary ...

Its supposed to suck excess oil floating around in the block and deposit it back to the can is it not?

sure it will run without it but in the long term wont it wear on the motor at all?

wait so if you dont have the pcv hooked up wont that mess up the motor?

No you are venting all crank case pressure to atmosphere instead of into the intake system. Works better than a PCV and keeps the intake cleaner, no oil contaminated air back into intake and motor. Take a look at my crank case vent can and you will also see where the PCV line would be connected to the intake mani is plugged.
Vtec004.jpg

Vtec001.jpg

I need to remove the line going from the intake to the valve cover and put a filter on the valve cover to finish the set up off. I based my set up on this kit http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/.

Last edited:
Ok so now that months of neglect and laziness have passed, I can say i now have the money and time to finally fix this smoking problem. But i still have more questions:

B20b block....can't seem to find the black pcv box that plugs into the block? it should be right under the IM right?

Where do i tap the block?

on the back of your block. do you have an oil cooler? its where you mount the oil filter. if you see coolant lines going through it, chances are that you have one. take off the oil filter, take out the threaded section that the filter screws on. i think itws a 19 or 17 mm... when you take the threaed part out, look at the O ring that is in there. i have seen many dry out and break, causing an annoying leak that seems untraceable... good luck!!!

on my b20 vtec i had the same problem and it was my piston rings but if ur head gasket is starting to leak u will also smoke good luck with ur problem

Back