bad-ass road

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lime Creek Road... been there, done it a few times, about to do it again. ;) Just had five days playing on the Texas farm roads. FM 1948 between Austin and Houston is excellent, much better that the nearby scenic FM 390 road.

The Saw Mill Parkway is about 18 miles of fun, a passing lane and no leaf peepers. Upstate NY has some nice roads too.

If there is a heaven, there better be twisties to drive in my Honda. :D

Calesta: That map sure runs close to Jonestown. Should we bring the kool-aid are do they sell it there?

-> Steve

Yesterday, drove up the Skyline Drive in Virginia. I started the 108 miles at 5:15pm... which meant the last 50 miles were enjoyed in the dark. Heehee. Anyway, I highly recommend that park. $10 covers enjoying the great views for up to 7 days. $20 gives you a year's access, so I plunked down my $20. There are trails for hiking and biking, camping areas and dogs are welcome.

My first road kill ever on the Garden State Parkway around 2:20am. Hit a raccoon square on. Had to adjust the clips on my front bumper this morning. :(

I was on the Saw Mill parkway at 3am this morning. Saw some deer, a coyote and an owl.

just wanted to show you guys the road i like to take when im in the mood to drive fast and windy in the EVO

:)

this first picture is a full over view of ALL 10 MILES OF SHARP TURNS and some straight aways

s3f8c56272bf47.jpg

this second pic is the beginning of decker canyon road up to Hassted drive [approximately the first 4 miles]

s3f8c5664d46de.jpg

next is the middle section of the road

s3f8c56c8e09e9.jpg

and finally the end of decker canyon right before i get on the freeway to head home

s3f8c5717a620c.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 30 2003, 07:57 PM
on the DFH lsit... this road was brought up as being twisty, jumpy, and just overall bad ass.

bah, link isn't working.. fucking map quest!

search for
[124-127] RIVER RD
ESSEX, CT
06426, US

on map quest.

i want to go. it looks to be about 30 min from bristol....

So B... when are we going to own this road??? ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 11 2003, 02:37 AM
:eek: Chip busting out the ownage on this thread!!! :lol: :lol:

You bet. I cut my teeth on that road!

Literally, come to think of it. Between the bicycles, skateboards, motorcycles, cars, the girl next door.... I'm surprised I can still walk! B)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 11 2003, 09:45 AM
Ok, time for a good story... or two??? :D

Some stories are best kept secret. ;)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 11 2003, 11:56 PM-->
Originally posted by number9@Nov 11 2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Nov 11 2003, 09:10 AM
number9
@Nov 11 2003, 08:28 AM

the girl next door....

oh??? B)

Ah, sorry. That should have read, "girls." ;)

I'm thinking twins... and perhaps members of the high school gymnastics team? LOL! :p

B) :lol:

I just wanted to say that if Chip gets to own the River Road in Essex, then I get to claim the Saw Mill Parkway in New York! LOL!

Back