Banking rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ugh, i hate wamu/jp chase whatever it is.

2 random atm fees on my account. Called the 1-800 number, couldn't get to a human. Called the local branch, they gave me the "magic sequence" to get to a human. Called customer service, put in the numbers, come to find out, it is the directory for how to change your pin. I didn't have to change it, but i did get to a human. The pleasant east indian lady was happy to help, by starting a claim and sending me a letter in 2-3 business days? A letter for what? To say "yeah, you got robbed?" how about you assure me that it's going to get fixed. Well, we'll see what happens.

The problem i had was that i had to deceive the system to get to a person. So you're telling me, as part of my banking, i dont' get access to a human to answer my questions?

Just to test it out, i called wells fargo. Hit the "*" button 3 times in a row and got someone on the phone in 10 seconds. Told the lady thank you and that i was switching my account over.

/rant

edit: Yes b, i know you like local credit unions, but there are some benefits to national banks.

becu

:( I've had no problems with them. I don't have any experience with BoA though.

Did you use your card to make any payments for a bill? I had a charge show up the last time I used my debt card to pay my ATT bill. The company out of Texas that handles the transaction charged it weird and resulted as a transaction. I called my CU and they refunded the fee for me and told me next time to pay with a check over the phone to avoid it.

you do? i don't touch credit unions.

i just use smaller banks.

less fees
better intrest
community-orientated

why not?
i apologize, i thought you really liked a local credit union.

I don't like credit unions for the simple fact that the ones in town aren't convienet for me. they aren't open hardly ever, and their atm is the only one in town. with the local bank, i got at least 4 or 5 to choose from depending on what part of town i'm in.

Back